I am educated from Funen Art Academy in 2010-2016. I was a member of the school board in 2015-2016.
My graduation project (I) was a participatory art process of co-creation where I photographed people with chronic pain in their own environment. The portraits were printed on silk in scale 1:1. The portrayed persons then painted a representation of their pain on their own portrait. The work also includes process videos by two professional film photographers and a workshop where audience at the exhibition can try exercises from the project.
Prizes and grants
In 2016 I received the 15th of June Foundations Honorary Prize for the project which was judged one of the three best graduation projects from the Danish art academies in 2016. I continue to work with chronic pain and the methods from the production of (I) have been further developed to include a workshop in pain management which is offered to hospitals and municipalities in parallel with my own artistic production.
In 2018 I am exhibiting at the Psychiatric Museum in Middelfart with the project ’Headscapes’, a body of work made in co-creation with people who all have experiences with mental illness. The people in the project paint a free representation of their mind on lenticular portraits, where the painting of the mind shifts between being in and out of focus.
I have also contributed to the May publication of ’The Year’, a photographic portrait series of Copenhagen published by Blankt Papir. Every month of 2018, Copenhagen is portrayed by a handful of photographers and the images are collected in a photobook portraying that month. By the end of the year there will be a collection of 12 books showing the passage of time in Copenhagen. The books can be seen and bought at Fotografisk Center, Bladr, Butikken and NW Gallery
Parallax, a duo exhibition in collaboration with Jacob Morell, for Bunker and Sønderborg Library. We produced an audiowalk as a way of walking in someone else’s shoes - experience through their eyes. The audience was equipped with a set of earphones and an mp3-player and went for a short walk in a loop over and over. Every time the route started over, you would lend ear to a new storyteller who would give you a new worldview and angle on the walk. We plan to continue the collaboration and project.
The Final Exhibition a group show at Copenhagen Art Week where I exhibited the site specific videowork, Window, created in collaboration with Joachim Von Westen and Linda Weiss.
Internships, residencies, summer schools, etc.
- International Summer School of Photography, Takashi Homma Workshop, Pelči, Latvia
- Unlearning, Artist Residency, Artscape Gibraltar Point, Toronto Island, Toronto, Canada
- Internship with visual artist Ebbe Stub Wittrup, Copenhagen, DK
- Australian Centre for Photography, Sydney, Australia
Prizes and awards
- 15. Juni Fondens Hæderspris (15th June Foundation Award, granted for one of the three best graduation projects at Danish art academies in 2016)
- ISSP 2015 Final Exhibition, Kuldīga Arts Hall, Kuldīga, LV
- Nordjysk Censureret 2013, Dronninglund Art Centre, DK
- Nordjysk Censureret 2011, Dronninglund Art Centre, DK
- Nordjysk Censureret 2009, Dronninglund Art Centre, DK
- Student Exhibition, Australian Centre for Photography, Sydney, AU
- Pinhole Photography, 6Sixty9Nine Smith Street Gallery, Melbourne, AU
Solo and duo exhibitions
- Headscapes, a solo exhibition at the Psyciatric Museum in Middelfart, DK
- (I), Vollsmose Culture House, Odense, DK
- Parallax, duo show and audio-walk in collaboration with artist Jacob Morell, XBunker and Sønderborg Library, Sønderborg, DK
- Repetitions, solo show at Mygdalhus, Hjørring, DK
- The Final Exhibition, Copenhagen Art Week, Pakhuset, Langelinie, Copenhagen, DK
- Graduation from Funen Art Academy, B13, Brandts, Odense, DK
- Complicating the Curatorial, expanded exhibition and dinner, FAA Project Space, Odense, DK
- Death, or the Experiment of Defamiliarization, FAA Project Space, Brandts, Odense, DK
- Habitat Art Café 5 (concert and exhibition), Habitat, FAA Project Space, Brandts, Odense, DK * ISSP 2015 Slide show open-air screening, Kuldīga Open-Air Cinema, Kuldīga, LV
- (Im)possible bodies, conference at the University of Southern Denmark, Odense, DK
- Production><Publication, workshop collaboration, book and exhibition, The Danish Media Museum, Habitat and FAA Project Space, Brandts, Odense, DK
- Art Cinema 3.5, Kunsthal Ved Siden Af, Svendborg, DK
- Art Cinema 3, Habitat, Lahnsgade 48, Odense, DK
- Habitat Art Café 4 (performance), Habitat, Lahnsgade 48, Odense, DK
- Habitat Art Café 3 (exhibition), Habitat, Lahnsgade 48, Odense, DK
- Art Cinema 1, Habitat, Lahnsgade 48, Odense, DK
- Habitat Art Café 2 (poetry), Habitat, Lahnsgade 48, Odense, DK
- Habitat Art Café 1 (exhibition and performance), Habitat, Lahnsgade 48, Odense, DK
- Habitat opening exhibition, Habitat, Lahnsgade 48, Odense, DK
- Happiness is, Art and science exhibition at the Harbour Culture Festival, Odense, DK
- Compound Community, Brandts Passage 2, Odense, DK
- Fototrienale.dk - The Good Life, Your Way Travels, Brandts, Odense, DK
- School Show 2nd edition, Pantheonsgade 2-4, Odense, DK
- 1 Minute – A Matter of Time, FAA Project Room, Funen Art Academy, DK
- The Concerned Photographer, Day of Photography, the Museum of Photographic Art, Brandts, DK
- 1st Annual School Show 2011, Pantheonsgade 2-4, Odense, DK
- Graduation from Funen Art Academy, catalogue of graduation exhibition at B13, DK
- Complicating the Curatorial, zine in collaboration with Jenny Richards, Elina Bergmark Wiberg, Adrian Delafontaine, Victoria Repasi, Mina Tomicog Ruben Ostan Vejrup, DK
- Camera Obscura Workshop Latvia ISSP 1-10th Aug 2015, published by Takashi Homma, Japan
- More Than Enough, self-published zine in collaboration with Zoe Kreye, Catherine Grau, Cimmaron Knight, Bogdan Cheta og Luke Parnell, Canada
- Production><Publication, unique publication, Habitat, ISBN 978-87-998123-0-1, DK
- Dark Mountain 5, hardback book publication, ISBN 978-0-9564960-4-1, UK
- Funenzine, photographic zine, publishing house Funen Art Academy, DK
Board and other positions
- Co-founder of the publishing house Habitat
- Danish Arts Foundation (Statens Kunstfond)