I am currently working and living in London, UK, where I study at Royal College of Art - MA Contemporary Art Practice - Public Sphere.
I am educated from Funen Art Academy in 2010-2016. I was a member of the school board in 2015-2016.
My graduation project (I) was a participatory art process of co-creation where I photographed people with chronic pain in their own environment. The portraits were printed on silk in scale 1:1. The portrayed persons then painted a representation of their pain on their own portrait. The work also includes process videos by professional film photographers; Engsig Productions and INcaseOf, and a workshop where audience at the exhibition can try exercises from the project.
Ongoing - exhibition and curation
In 2020, I am exhibiting the piece Release - Grid at the exhibition The Language Hospital at Sorø Art Museum, Denmark. The exhibition examines what language does to the body through a meeting between art, poetry, hospital equipment and the museum collection; how illness is articulated, how diagnoses are established and how normality is defined. The exhibition will later travel to be shown at Medical Museum in Copenhagen.
Release has been shown in different constellations throughout 2019; at at Copenhagen Art Week, at The Final Exhibition, Kuldiga Art Hall in Latvia, BKF in Copenhagen, and in the publication Der Grief Guest-Room curated by Dominic Bell, Germany.
I am co-curating the exhibition Lights, Camera, Reaction! At C4 Project Space in late 2020, a group exhibition that is the last of a series of exhibitions curated for c4 projects, all themed around intimacy and the private. I will be curating together with Rikke Ehlers, Stine Gro and Karin Hald, and we will be making a publication with the publishing house Gestus. We have invited artists Yazan Khalili (PL), Marijn Kuijper (NL), Diana Lindbjerg (NO) and Ebbe Stub Wittrup to take part in the exhibition.
In 2018 I exhibited at the Psychiatric Museum in Middelfart with the project ’Headscapes’, a body of work made in co-creation with people who all have experiences with mental illness. The people in the project paint a free representation of their mind on lenticular portraits, where the painting of the mind shifts between being in and out of focus. The piece was accompanied by a workshop where participants could visualise how they felt.
I contributed to the May publication of ’The Year’, a photographic portrait series of Copenhagen published by Blankt Papir. Every month of 2018, Copenhagen was portrayed by a handful of photographers and the images were collected in a photobook portraying that month. By the end of the year there was a collection of 12 books showing the passage of time in Copenhagen. The books can be seen and bought at Fotografisk Center, Bladr, Butikken and NW Gallery
Prizes and grants
I am grateful for the support I have received in 2019 from the Danish Arts Foundation, Beckett Foundation, Merchant L.F. Foght’s Foundation, Augustinus Foundation, Knud Højgaard’s Foundation, and William Demant Foundation.
In 2016 I received the 15th of June Foundations Honorary Prize for the project which was judged one of the three best graduation projects from the Danish art academies in 2016. I continue to work with chronic pain and the methods from the production of (I) have been further developed to include a workshop in pain management which is offered to hospitals and municipalities in parallel with my own artistic production.
- Royal College of Art, London, UK, MA Contemporary Art Practice - Public Sphere
- Funen Art Academy, Denmark MA Fine Art
Internships, residencies, summer schools, etc.
- International Summer School of Photography, Takashi Homma Workshop, Pelči, Latvia
- Unlearning, Artist Residency, Artscape Gibraltar Point, Toronto Island, Toronto, Canada
- Internship with visual artist Ebbe Stub Wittrup, Copenhagen, DK
- Australian Centre for Photography, Sydney, Australia
Prizes and awards
- 15. Juni Fondens Hæderspris (15th June Foundation Award, granted for one of the three best graduation projects at Danish art academies in 2016)
- ISSP 2015 Final Exhibition, Kuldīga Arts Hall, Kuldīga, LV
- Nordjysk Censureret 2013, Dronninglund Art Centre, DK
- Nordjysk Censureret 2011, Dronninglund Art Centre, DK
- Nordjysk Censureret 2009, Dronninglund Art Centre, DK
- Student Exhibition, Australian Centre for Photography, Sydney, AU
- Pinhole Photography, 6Sixty9Nine Smith Street Gallery, Melbourne, AU
Solo and duo exhibitions
- Headscapes, a solo exhibition at the Psyciatric Museum in Middelfart, DK
- (I), Vollsmose Culture House, Odense, DK
- Parallax, duo show and audio-walk in collaboration with artist Jacob Morell, XBunker and Sønderborg Library, Sønderborg, DK
- Repetitions, solo show at Mygdalhus, Hjørring, DK
The Final Exhibition 2, Copenhagen Art Week, Copenhagen, DK
- The Final Exhibition, Copenhagen Art Week, Pakhuset, Langelinie, Copenhagen, DK
- Graduation from Funen Art Academy, B13, Brandts, Odense, DK
- Complicating the Curatorial, expanded exhibition and dinner, FAA Project Space, Odense, DK
- Death, or the Experiment of Defamiliarization, FAA Project Space, Brandts, Odense, DK
- Habitat Art Café 5 (concert and exhibition), Habitat, FAA Project Space, Brandts, Odense, DK * ISSP 2015 Slide show open-air screening, Kuldīga Open-Air Cinema, Kuldīga, LV
- (Im)possible bodies, conference at the University of Southern Denmark, Odense, DK
- Production><Publication, workshop collaboration, book and exhibition, The Danish Media Museum, Habitat and FAA Project Space, Brandts, Odense, DK
- Art Cinema 3.5, Kunsthal Ved Siden Af, Svendborg, DK
- Art Cinema 3, Habitat, Lahnsgade 48, Odense, DK
- Habitat Art Café 4 (performance), Habitat, Lahnsgade 48, Odense, DK
- Habitat Art Café 3 (exhibition), Habitat, Lahnsgade 48, Odense, DK
- Art Cinema 1, Habitat, Lahnsgade 48, Odense, DK
- Habitat Art Café 2 (poetry), Habitat, Lahnsgade 48, Odense, DK
- Habitat Art Café 1 (exhibition and performance), Habitat, Lahnsgade 48, Odense, DK
- Habitat opening exhibition, Habitat, Lahnsgade 48, Odense, DK
- Happiness is, Art and science exhibition at the Harbour Culture Festival, Odense, DK
- Compound Community, Brandts Passage 2, Odense, DK
- Fototrienale.dk - The Good Life, Your Way Travels, Brandts, Odense, DK
- School Show 2nd edition, Pantheonsgade 2-4, Odense, DK
- 1 Minute – A Matter of Time, FAA Project Room, Funen Art Academy, DK
- The Concerned Photographer, Day of Photography, the Museum of Photographic Art, Brandts, DK
- 1st Annual School Show 2011, Pantheonsgade 2-4, Odense, DK
- Graduation from Funen Art Academy, catalogue of graduation exhibition at B13, DK
- Complicating the Curatorial, zine in collaboration with Jenny Richards, Elina Bergmark Wiberg, Adrian Delafontaine, Victoria Repasi, Mina Tomicog Ruben Ostan Vejrup, DK
- Camera Obscura Workshop Latvia ISSP 1-10th Aug 2015, published by Takashi Homma, Japan
- More Than Enough, self-published zine in collaboration with Zoe Kreye, Catherine Grau, Cimmaron Knight, Bogdan Cheta og Luke Parnell, Canada
- Production><Publication, unique publication, Habitat, ISBN 978-87-998123-0-1, DK
- Dark Mountain 5, hardback book publication, ISBN 978-0-9564960-4-1, UK
- Funenzine, photographic zine, publishing house Funen Art Academy, DK
Board and other positions
- Co-founder of the publishing house Habitat
- Danish Arts Foundation
- Beckett Foundation
- Merchant L.F. Foght’s Foundation
- Augustinus Foundation
- Knud Højgaard’s Foundation
- William Demant Foundation
- Danish Arts Foundation (Statens Kunstfond)